The most important considerations when choosing a vacuum cleaner include size, weight, power source, and type. By reading on, you can learn how these factors affect your decision when shopping for a best handheld vacuums cleaners .
There are several types of handheld vacuums. The standard cordless models are small and easy to hold in one hand, allowing you to easily clean up spills or tidy up areas such as the interior of a car.
A commercial-size handheld vacuums has a larger capacity and can achieve a higher suction level, making it ideal for cleaning larger areas. In addition to being physically larger and heavier, these models are also more expensive. The vacuum attachments are connected to a 5-foot hose via a box that houses the motor.
Handheld vacuums cleaners in commercial sizes usually have shoulder straps so that the hose can be operated with one hand while carrying the vacuum. Most handheld vacuum cleaners can only handle dry material, but some wet/dry models can handle liquids and solids, making them ideal for spill cleanup.
Product size and weight
It should be easy to operate a handheld vacuums with just one hand. There is a wide range of handheld vacuums, with some weighing as little as 2 pounds and others weighing as much as 5 pounds. Designed in small sizes between 15 and 20 inches, these can easily be maneuvered with one hand. The shoulder straps on larger, more powerful corded models make them easy to carry when in use.
The suction power
Power is directly related to the suction of corded and cordless handheld vacuum cleaners. The most powerful suction power can be obtained from the more powerful cordless models, which use batteries ranging from 18 to 40 volts. An air watt (AW) is the measurement of the suction power of a handheld vacuum. Typically, upright vacuum cleaners have an AW rating of around 100, while the best handheld vacuums cleaners have at least 15 AW.
Although air watts are an excellent way to determine a vacuum cleaner’s effectiveness, not all vacuum cleaners advertise air-watt ratings. Power can be determined by battery output for cordless models and amps for corded counterparts without an air-watt rating. The suction of a corded vacuum cleaner should be at least five amps, whereas a cordless vacuum cleaner requires at least a 15-volt battery.
The charging and runtime of the battery
Cordless handheld vacuums have limited runtime and require hours to recharge their batteries. Depending on model and battery size, you can expect between 15 and 20 minutes of runtime from a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner. Typically, a vacuum cleaner’s lithium-ion battery takes 4 to 6 hours to recharge; however, some rapid chargers can recharge a battery in about an hour.
Best handheld vacuums come with several features designed to enhance their functionality and make them easier to use and maintain.
- Handheld vacuums contain a filter that prevents dust from becoming airborne, similar to full-size vacuums. There are some manufacturers who offer scented filters for carpets and upholstery. As replacement filters vary in cost, those on a budget may wish to consider the cost associated with each model.
- The dirt collected by handheld vacuums is collected in a canister or a bag. In general, canister models are more popular because they are more accessible to empty and clean. Dirt canisters are bulkier but need to be emptied less frequently because they are more extensive. The clear canister shows at a glance when it needs to be emptied.
- The speed of some handheld vacuum cleaners can be adjusted. The vacuum cleaner can clean areas that might be damaged at a higher speed due to its versatility.
- There are also attachments that can be purchased for cleaning nooks and crannies of upholstery and picking up pet hair. Also, a flexible hose may reach inaccessible areas.
- You can convert some vacuums from handheld to floor vacuums with extension poles.
Before purchasing a handheld vacuums cleaner, you should research to ensure it meets your needs. Consumer reviews and other reports about handheld vacuum cleaners can be found online. Before making a decision, find out what consumers think about various models. Find out which models offer the best features, such as lightweight portability, ease of use, and additional attachments. Keeping these points in mind, you can get the Best handheld vacuums cleaner you want. Get the best deals by checking for sales and discounts, and always look for a warranty.